A few days ago, we published a statement in which we hoped to carry out the race, after receiving the denial of permission by the Balearic Government with a point that gave us a small margin. “Notwithstanding the foregoing, in the event that in the future the epidemiological situation evolves favourably in the Balearic Islands, the organizer could submit a new request for a sports event adapted to the corresponding health and safety measures, which would be re-analysed by of the technical commission ”. We immediately asked for a quantitative clarification to know what scenario should be given for the race to continue. A few hours ago, the Regional Government informed us that its indicators are not optimistic and as much as the number of cases may stabilize or decrease, the desired scenario in which the race could take place is impossible.
The explanation we have received is the following: “We have a relatively controlled rate of reproduction higher than recommended in the Balearic Islands, but the rate of the accumulated incidence at this time is uncontrolled, widely exceeding the acceptable rate of 50 cases per 100,000 inhabitants, what triggers the indicators, and assumes that in the short and medium term it is not expected that major events can be held is the Balearic Islands “.
The cancellation is final. There will be no going back no matter how much the scene changes. We know that it is a painful decision -especially for those who have made the tremendous effort to train in the summer months- but, like you, as an organization we are physically and emotionally exhausted from constantly living thinking if the Trail Menorca it will or will not be done. We promised that we would not throw in the towel without a fight, and we have fought, but now it is time to continue fighting so that the test is viable by 2021. Our legend will remain to be written, for now.
All this situation it serves us:
1.- To thank the Balearic Government Sports and Health technicians for their patience in the face of our insistence on finding solutions and possibilities. They have been weeks of continuous calls, requests, clarifications, etc. This situation is difficult for everyone, and we appreciate your work and support.
2.- To thank all the participants who have waited until the last moment with the hope of being able to celebrate the test. We are sorry that we cannot reciprocate and must postpone everyone’s dream. The current situation implies rethinking everything again, offering solutions to process postponements and cancellations as far as possible, minimizing the impact on the stability of the event.
3.- To thank the sponsors and suppliers who have responded to our requests to wait and hold orders, to review and maintain sponsorships to affect the test as little as possible, and their willingness to remain linked to the Trail Menorca Camí de Cavalls project.
4.- And finally, we call for serenity and calm. We claim outdoor sport as a fundamental tool for the physical and psychological balance of society, we believe that the months of confinement have awakened and recalled the need to exercise as a fundamental pillar for a perfect personal balance. As organizers, we will continue to encourage this movement, we believe in it and we will continue fighting to continue holding sporting events in the future.
In this way, once informed of the harsh reality that we have at the moment, and before the official cancellation of the event, the current conditions will be applied retroactively to March 15, in this way we understand that we offer the best solutions, looking for the balance with the participants and with the viability of the event, based on what is stipulated in the official regulations of the event.
2. In case of suspension of the event, what will happen to my registration?
Trail Menorca Camí de Cavalls offers runners different options:
1. In the event of a definitive suspension of the 2020 edition due to the health crisis, all those registered in any challenges of Camí de Cavalls Trail Menorca will automatically become registered in the 2021 edition. In this case, the Participant must not carry out any management.
2. All the registered ones can acquire BONUSSES for the total amount of the inscription in tests organized by the Elitechip SL. In this case, write us: email@example.com
3. As a last option, you can request a full refund that will be provided in 75% by returning the total amount in the same bank card number with which the payment was made and the remaining 25% in BONUSSES to participate in competitions organized by Elitechip SL Company. After a deep reflection in which the centre of our thoughts has been to offer the maximum facilities to our participants in a fair and equitable way, we adopt this formula in order to alleviate the irrecoverable and duly justified expenses that The organization of the test requires us both on a material and human level.
All requests to postpone the test to 2021, will be maintained as before, the same as the exchange of bonus, and ultimately the partial refund of 75% of the amount + 25% Bonus, which we currently have in our regulations published in the Web www.trailmenorca.es. The contact way to request these options are: firstname.lastname@example.org o email@example.com We are immersed in a fight that looks like a long-distance race, where we have to know how to manage our efforts well so that when we get out of the well we continue in the race fighting to reach the goal.
Thank you very much and see you in #RunCdC2021
Nouve date per il Trail Menorca Camí de Cavalls 2020
2, 3, 4 Ottobre 2020
Nuovi orari di partenza, controlla le FAQ